Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Favorite Things

Ahhh, The Sound of Music and Julie Andrews singing "My Favorite Things", good stuff! Most everyone has positive memories surrounding this 1965 movie and song. What were your favorite style memories in 2011? Wait, did I just hear someone ask me what my favorite style memories were? Well, since you asked:
Whether it's 2011 or 2012
a cropped jacket will always
be a favorite thing!
  1. Cotton Jersey Scarf- I wore mine several times a week- whether it was on my way to a workout or to the grocery store. So easy to tie, so comfy and warm, all while adding easy going flair.
  2. Cropped Black Jacket- can't live without it! Goes with everything and hits mid-torso for a great slimming effect. You can find one most anywhere.
  3. Skinny Jeans- I have three pair and I'm not sure that's even enough! Can't wait for spring when I'll be rolling them up once or twice to wear with cute flats or wedges. I hope this trend that's been around for some time continues it's longevity.
  4. Boots- duh. Love tucking my leggings and skinny jeans into them. Love them with skirts and dresses. Love them with most everything but a swimsuit. Love flat, wedge and chunky heeled boots. And the cowboy boot? Yes, please!
  5. Bracelets- layer, layer, layer- there are never enough.  Put dainty styles with chunky versions and watch the magic happen. 
  6. Floral Chiffon Blouse- this trend is so fun to juxtapose with a tougher look like a studded leather bracelet. Prim and tough- great combo. I especially like the v-neck tie variety which is lovely paired with a motorcycle style jacket, skinny jeans and boots.
  7. Tunic Top- what could be better with your favorite leggings and skinny jeans? Enough said.
  8. Patterned Hoisery- these can breathe new life and modern flair into otherwise ho-hum skirts and dresses. I've got big plans to get a bit bolder with this trend in 2012. 
  9. Oxford Shoe- love my Miz Mooz chunky heel version. Putting these in my footwear rotation kept me from wearing boots EVERY day. Pairing them with a white button down and cardigan- nice! And did I mention how comfy?
  10. New Hairstyle- sporting a new do is fun even if you don't like it as well as your last do. Change is good and helps spur innovative ideas for your whole look.
Say goodbye to 2011 but take your favorite things into 2012, perhaps in new, fun ways. When you do you'll Love What You Wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment