A 2010 episode of 30 Rock showcased the hilarious video of Jenna singing "Muffin Top"- worth a watch and frankly a subject worth discussing. Oh, how we hate the muffin top and how it affects the fit of our jeans, our tops and the much dreaded swimsuit. Soooo, what can those of us that carry this treat with us at all times do?
|This ruching makes people say, "what muffin top?"|
Oh, there are so many ways to hide your muffin top. Let us count the top five strategies:
- Almighty ruching- the muffin top's VERY best friend. Ruched tops and dresses are a miraculous design certainly invented by a woman and hide a multitude of sins. Add a subtle pattern and where is the MT?
- Wide belt- although the belt can be scary, you'd be surprised how the perfect width of a belt hits you in all the right places to hide your less appreciated area.
- Long Scarf or Necklace- never underestimate the power of drawing the eye to something pretty. We humans are easily distracted and a pretty scarf or necklace definitely begs for attention while distracting from the MT.
- Mid-rise jeans- don't get me wrong, I'm not talking mom jeans here. I'm talking about a nice mid-rise jean that sucks in the area that needs some sucking. Listen Dorothy- you're not in Kansas anymore AND you're not 25 either. Time to face facts, the super-low jean is for your niece or daughter not you!
- Confidence- yep, you heard it here, confidence sells and is a great distracter- really! Muffin top or not, you always look your best when you carry yourself and dress yourself with confidence!
Love your body but do your best to make the most of what you've got and You'll Love What You Wear!