Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Bluest Skies You've Ever Seen Are In Seattle

Okay, so the song is really just called "Seattle" but I love that line of the song so much I had to use it. Remember the show "Here Come The Brides"? The song "Seattle" was released for this program in 1968 by Perry Como. I loved watching the re-runs and I love hearing this old song.

It's true isn't it? The bluest skies you'e ever seen really are in Seattle. We forget that sometimes. We also forget that when the skies aren't blue there are some stylish reasons to be happy.

Here are my top five reasons to love a gloomy, chilly Seattle day:

  1. Boots- Who doesn't love a great pair of boots? Good with jeans, dresses and skirts. A Seattle staple!
  2. Sweaters- Love me a merino wool v-neck! A cozy accessory canvas.
  3. Scarves- Bold and bulky or sweet and silky. You can never have too many of these neck warmers.
  4. Leggings- So comfy and warm and super duper with tunics and long sweaters. It feels like you're wearing snugly jammies instead of a stylish ensemble.
  5. Jeans- In this town all you need are a few good pair! From skinnies to bootcut to trouser styles, there's a pair for every Seattle occasion. I'm biased toward the skinny myself. 
When the bluest skies you've ever seen can't be seen in Seattle remember there are lots of stylish reasons to love the gloom. Concentrate on your top five cold weather favorites and you'll Love What You Wear!


No comments:

Post a Comment