Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Good Life

Good Life!
This Thanksgiving week I'd like to take a break from the fashion musings normally found here for a heart check rather than the usual boot or scarf check. As I heard the song "Good Life" today, released almost exactly a year ago in 2010 by New Republic, I couldn't help but think about what "Good Life" means as we head into the holiday season.

I know we're all grateful for the Good Life. I also know how we can lose sight of the things that make our lives great. Living in the Pacific Northwest is high on the list of things to be thankful for. What an amazing place- even if the weather can be less than stellar it sure creates majestic scenery. Oh, and how about all the boots and scarves we get to wear when the inclimate weather is upon us? Oh, but there I go digressing onto fashion...

How about the fantastic families we come from? And the families we've made? I consider my family not only my husband and kids but also the friends that make our family better than it would be otherwise. Having a roof overhead with heat and a bed to sleep in- all worthy basics we take for granted. Now's the time to remember how fortunate we are.

So cheers to the Good Life! For great families, good friends, yummy food and celebrations. So many reasons to be thankful. Take the time this week to concentrate on the things that make you happy and leave the rest for next week. And, while we're at it, we might as well wear something cute (and expandable) this Thanksgiving. Love What You Wear (and be thankful!).

No comments:

Post a Comment