|A well edited suitcase makes your|
holiday more enjoyable!
- Swimsuit- don't hate me because I just suggested you have to pack a swimsuit. I admit in my advanced age the idea of a swimsuit doesn't quite thrill me like it used to. If you are like me you need, as my friend once said, a swim SYSTEM not a swimsuit. If that's the case I recommend a sturdy number from Land's End. I love this tunic style. Low on blatant sex appeal but long on coverage and strength. Go forth with confidence in your swimsuit!
- Tote Bag- whether you're toting your own things or those of an entire family, a nice bag can make you feel better about being responsible for the transportation of all the towels, snacks, water bottles, strange creatures found on the beach, etc. This is not your mama's tote bag and is on super sale right now!
- Versatile Dress(es)- the dress is the answer to all things summer. So versatile- it's a cover up, it's a night out ensemble it's a comfy after-swim number. A jersey knit variety is also easily packed and never wrinkles. The options are boundless! This Michael Stars maxi fits all your summer holiday needs- the epitome of versatile!
- Versatile Shoe- Let's face it the shoe situation on vacation causes the most packing trauma. If there's an overflow in your bag, shoes are usually the culprit. I find a mid-height wedge or chunky heel sandal to serve lots of purposes while still offering walkability. My favorite sandal this summer has been these Miz Mooz foot holders.
- Awesome Accessories- there's no easier way to change up that versatile dress than with accessories. Make sure you have a couple necklaces, earrings, cuffs and bracelets in your bag of tricks. Large chandelier earrings make the dress you wore as a cover up earlier in the week a perfect option for evening dining when a chunky heel also replaces those flip flops.
- Easy Going Attitude- as my brother likes to tell me, "participate, don't anticipate". We sometimes have rigid expectations about how our holiday should play out. I always try to pack my most flexible, easy going self (uhm, easier said than done). This includes packing a wine opener!
Enjoy your holiday even if that means a "staycation" for you this season. When you have all the right clothing and accessory must haves you'll have a great holiday and Love What You Wear!