Monday, May 21, 2012

Endless Love

Oh, 1981. I remember it like it was yesterday. Lionel Richie and Diana Ross sang Endless Love on the movie soundtrack with the same title. A song can take us back to a place that has lovely memories. Over time the memories are probably much sweeter than the actual events. Hmmmm...this happens with clothing too!
There should be an end
 to some things you
loved in the past!

I don't know how many times I've heard, "I love this sweater because I went to a great party in 1992 wearing it". Funny how the reason for holding on to it, is precisely the reason for dumping it! Wine often ages well but clothing doesn't always stand the test of time.

We are all guilty of having an endless love for a favorite article of clothing. Next time you see an endless love-like sweater (or top, or pants) in your closet, ask yourself, "do I really love this or do I love the memory I have while wearing it"?

Go through photo albums to remember the good times so you can let go of that endless love you have for the purple palazzo pants (it's the worst vision I could conjure) hanging in the dark recesses of your wardrobe. When you see your closet clearly, and have an end to your least attractive, past garment loves you'll Love What You Wear!*

*Disclaimer: There are things that stand the test of time and are worth keeping for many years- but they are few and far between!

No comments:

Post a Comment