Friday, February 18, 2011

If Loving Clothes is Wrong I Don't Want to be Right

Sometimes you can't argue with Barbara Mandrell. Well, sometimes you might have to explain who Barbara Mandrell is. But once that's established you need look no further than 1978 when she belted out the number one hit "If loving you is wrong I don't want to be right". Well, what if the "you" is clothing in this instance? I confess I LOVE clothes. I know, I know, it's shallow, it's egocentric it's vain, blah, blah, blah. But wait, is it really? When I'm slumming around in some sweats and an old t-shirt I don't feel half as confident and happy as I do when I'm wearing a flattering, fun outfit put together with thought and purpose. There will always be those that say "I don't care how I look" or "I don't care what other people think". Oh, how I want to grab those people give them a few hours of attention and make them see that clothing and appearance can be more than vanity and shallowness. Why not take a chance? Oh, and did I mention it can also be a ton of fun, perhaps with no pain involved? Hmmmm...might be a great and productive way to pass a few hours and maybe, just maybe change your life for the better?
Why shouldn't you love what you wear? Sing it Barbara...

No comments:

Post a Comment